Friday, July 23, 2010

Long time, no blog...

So it's been five months since my last blog post. Yikes. It feels kind of like every time I would start a journal when I was younger - it would be my new years resolution to start writing and I'd always say "this year I'm going to write in my journal every day!" Except it never happened. The only thing I ever ended up with was a bunch of journals with five entries from the beginning of the year. Not exactly the kind of life documentation I was looking for.

And here I am, starting an electronic type journal and I did the same gosh darn thing. I guess some habits die hard eh?

But I'm back! And vowing (once again) to try and keep a better record of the happenings of my life.

So where to begin? Probably with the saga that is my weight loss journey. Over the last five months I haven't given up, but I have had my series of setbacks, which I figure is normal in the journey to lose forty (fifty?) pounds.

Today I weighed in at 174.8. I've been plateaued around the 174 mark for about three months now. It's beyond frustrating. But I just keep on keeping on.

I'm still following weight watchers and have been working out on a very regular basis. In fact, I've hired myself a trainer and have been working with her for the last month twice a week. I'm also training for a half marathon (or uh, trying to) and have recently started practicing yoga again. I've been averaging between 4-5 workouts a week. In fact, many mornings I get up at 6am to hit the gym or the streets for a run. Had I told myself that 5 months ago (when I last blogged) I would have laughed at myself. So I guess this is proof that gradual changes can lead to huge changes over time!

I've also been working on making some big changes in my life, but again, like everything else, they are slow in coming. I'll leave this post about my weight loss (or lack thereof) today, with hopes that I'll actually write again tomorrow, or sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment