Friday, July 8, 2011

Week 10 of Training - Complete!

I can't believe I've been training for 10 weeks. I really thought I was on week 7 or 8 when I went to fill in my training schedule today and was shocked when I saw that I was actually finishing week 10 and my next run will be the beginning of week 11. Where has the time gone???

This week was an easy week - the way the training schedule I'm using goes you basically alternate between easy weeks and "hard" weeks. I use them term "hard" lightly as I'm following a very conservative training plan with pretty low miles and only three days a week of running, so the word hard might be a stretch. I do, however, reserve the right to use the word hard later on in my training when the weekly milage starts to get in the 20-30 miles per week range.

The only real cross training I did this week was walking which is not necessarily a good thing. While I got a lot of miles in walking, I really need to get more actual cross training in. I need to add more yoga, swimming, elliptical and strength training into my weekly workouts. There is a yoga class this evening that I'm currently trying to talk myself into going to, but I've already done my 4 mile run for the day so I'm going to need some serious convincing to do a second workout!

If I don't end up going to the gym again tonight (and even if I do) I need to get to the gym tomorrow morning. I freaking paid $300 to join the gym for the summer and my goal is to get there 30 times before I start my new job on September 6th. I've made it THREE times so far. so that's uh, 27 more to go. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment