Lets get this out of the way - I messed up my counting somewhere along the line. And there is no way I'm going back to figure it out. There should have only been 91 days in total, since I counted day 1 as a travel day on my way here and I'm here for exactly 90 days. And yet, today is the day before I leave, so there will be 92 days in my posts. Oppps. I'm pretty sure no one cares about this but me, but it kind of bugs me, so I'm mentioning it.
Anyway! My last couple days here. I think bittersweet is the best way to describe it. I am really really really going to miss it here. And I am really excited to go home. It is both a very strange, and very wonderful place to be.
My Spanish teacher and I had our final class at my favorite restaurant in BA - Cumana. If you ever come here, you must try it. It's cheap and good. And they have menus in English if you can't decipher the Spanish ones. It was a perfect place for our last class. I ate my favorite meal at this particular place which is basically chicken milenesa with mozzerela and tomatoes - it's delicious, and massive - I've only actually ever successfully eaten the entire thing once (which isn't something I'm sure I should be proud of!)
After saying my goodbyes to Judith on Monday, I actually went back to Cumana on Tuesday and said my goodbyes (for now) to friends of mine who actually live in Jersey City. They'll be heading back to the States right around the time I leave for Paris, but maybe someday we'll be back in Jersey City again together at the same time!
I have many more goodbyes to say in the next days. Many people I will miss dearly from here. People I am so grateful for. People who taught me so much, who took the time to make me feel comfortable in a foreign country, who dealt with my broken Spanish, who taught me about business in South America. For all of them, and for this experience I am so very thankful. I'm not sure how I, a girl from a small town in Indiana, ended up living in working in South America. But I did. And I can already tell it has changed me. And for that I am grateful.
From my table my last night at Cumana...
I do. I really really do. Thank you BA, por la todo.
Anyway! My last couple days here. I think bittersweet is the best way to describe it. I am really really really going to miss it here. And I am really excited to go home. It is both a very strange, and very wonderful place to be.
My Spanish teacher and I had our final class at my favorite restaurant in BA - Cumana. If you ever come here, you must try it. It's cheap and good. And they have menus in English if you can't decipher the Spanish ones. It was a perfect place for our last class. I ate my favorite meal at this particular place which is basically chicken milenesa with mozzerela and tomatoes - it's delicious, and massive - I've only actually ever successfully eaten the entire thing once (which isn't something I'm sure I should be proud of!)
I loved my Spanish teacher. She was not only a fantastic teacher, but became a friend of mine during our time together here. I'm still kind of in awe that we spent about 40 hours together talking almost 100% in Spanish. I'm not sure how she did it, but she taught me Spanish, and that is no small feat. So thank you Judith, for everything. (I think I look slightly crazy in this photo, but I'm posting it because it's the only photo of the two of us that I have!)
And for the memory - the outside of my favorite restaurant in BA - Cumana, you will be missed!
After saying my goodbyes to Judith on Monday, I actually went back to Cumana on Tuesday and said my goodbyes (for now) to friends of mine who actually live in Jersey City. They'll be heading back to the States right around the time I leave for Paris, but maybe someday we'll be back in Jersey City again together at the same time!
I have many more goodbyes to say in the next days. Many people I will miss dearly from here. People I am so grateful for. People who taught me so much, who took the time to make me feel comfortable in a foreign country, who dealt with my broken Spanish, who taught me about business in South America. For all of them, and for this experience I am so very thankful. I'm not sure how I, a girl from a small town in Indiana, ended up living in working in South America. But I did. And I can already tell it has changed me. And for that I am grateful.
From my table my last night at Cumana...
I do. I really really do. Thank you BA, por la todo.

No comments:
Post a Comment