Monday, August 22, 2011

Injury Delimma

Turns out falling down the stairs while marathon training isn't the best thing that can happen to a person. I'm still battling my poor little knee injury 5.5 weeks after falling. Brilliant. To say I'm behind on marathon training would be an understatement.

The big question now is, can I still run the NYC marathon or am I too far behind to actually do it? And if I have to back out, what race can I run that is reasonable? Either way I still need to raise the money I committed to raising for cancer research so I need to find something to train for even if it isn't NYC in 2011. The "good" news is that if I have to defer my 2011 NYC entry I can run in 2012 which while less than ideal is better than nothing.

Truthfully I'm pretty disappointed about the whole thing. Turns out I kind of enjoy marathon training. Who knew??? Now if my knee would just hurry up and heal I'd be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment