Ok, so I made up the whole Week 0 thing. The training plan I am using starts on week 1, but I wanted an extra week at 3 miles as my longest so I'm calling it week 0. This week starts week 1 - EEK. I'm pretty nervous, but am hoping that my new "don't get hurt" strategy will allow me to do just that - not get hurt!
Sundays run was gorgeous. Simply beautiful. The weather was amazing and it seemed everywhere I turned I saw people walking around with flowers, undoubtedly for mothers day. So sweet.
Here are the stats from my run:
3 miles
36.30 minutes
12:10 average pace
326 calories burned
158 average heart rate
Ok so I'm as slow as a turtle. But I'm ok with it (for now.) This training go around is all about not getting hurt and training for distance not speed. So what if some walkers past me? Right?
Also, I tried out my new foam roller for the first time yesterday. And today I am not nearly as sore as I normally am after I run. Coincidence? Who knows. But even if its the placebo effect I'll take it!
In other news, I received my (very generous) graduation gift from my parents this weekend. It's a watch and it's simply beautiful. As soon as I get it sized and figure out how to upload pictures on here (or rather remember how to) I'll post a pic. Am completely in love with it!
On tap for tonight - training with my trainer (last six sessions, sad!) and a little elliptical action if I have time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment